$425 per person | 8 CPC/CEU credits
Road repair/rehabilitation is one of the most common, and often most difficult, processes to work with inside of Civil 3D. Milling, overlay, leveling, widening . . . all these basic road design features have been a struggle inside the Civil 3D environment for years. Many firms have given up trying to work Rehab projects with Civil 3D entirely! The good news is that with the introduction of the Rehab Corridor tool in Civil 3D 2018, it’s incredibly simple to develop flexible, editable, and intelligent Rehab models and surfaces. Single lane, multi-lane, variable widths and intermittent patching can all be handled in minutes with the Rehab Corridor tool, and this class will take you through the entire process of working with it, from initial design to generating final Mill & Leveling reports.
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 48 consecutive hours. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Must attend all four sessions.
Session 1: Corridor Basics
- Creating Required Components for Corridors
- Creating Assemblies
- Creating Corridors
- Working with Corridor Regions
- Working with Corridor Targets
Session 2: Understanding Rehab Corridors
- Road Rehab Concepts Explained
- Existing Design Elements for Rehab Corridors
- Creating a New Rehab Corridor
- Basic Rehab Corridor Controls
Session 3: Rehab Corridor Design
- Advanced Rehab Control Parameters
- Ideal Slope and Tolerance
- Rehab Lane and Edge Targets
- Working with Multiple Lanes
Session 4: Finalizing Rehab Designs
- Finding and Editing Rehab Sub-Assemblies
- Roadway Widening and Daylighting
- Integrating Rehab and Standard Corridors
- Using Rehab Manager
- Generating Reports